Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Wintersport 2


I haven't updated lately, but I've been rather busy. Last week there was a vakantie (vacation). I talked about going on wintersport with my host family before and learning to ski. My school was also going on a wintersport so I thought it would be good to go again. There were 51 students all together that went. They were just from the 3rd and 4th classes. We went to Austria in a town called Maria Alm. It was really nice. We stayed in a hotel with rooms that fit 8 so I got to know the kids in my grade pretty well. I'm in the 4th grade here. (I'll explain the school system later). Since it is nearing spring there wasn't snow everywhere though.. Because of that, the first day of skiing sucked. It was mostly just ice and piles of the fake snow everywhere. Everybody was falling that day. It snowed the 2nd and 3rd days which made it so much better! It was only my second week of skiing, but I have already fallen in love with the sport. We did more than just skiing though. We did Apres ski 2 nights. Another night we went to s ski show, which was just the ski instuctors doing different skiing patters and tricks coming down the slope. It was pretty impressive. We also did night skiing and went to a really nice swimming pool another night. There were multiple pools there with heated water and a water slide. There were also pools outside that you could go to. I never saw anything like it before. I was pretty sad to leave Austria again. I think it is the best country that I have been to so far! I wish I could still be skiing too!! All in all it was a great and fun week and it gave me a chance to get to know the kids better and for them to get to know me better. I think it was the best week of my exchange year.

No comments: